There are different types of Bundles Airtel made available for her users. Here is an important update on how to get Airtel bonus of 4gb and more data on the 4G rollover campaign by Airtel Nigeria. So for those who are eager to know how this works, here’s everything you need know, about the Airtel 4GB data for N300 + free 4gb data.
Also See: Airtel 20GB for N200 – Tested and Working in 2019
It is no longer breaking news that the newly introduced Airtel 4G network is rolling rapidly to more states of the federation, including Rivers, Lagos, Oyo and Ogun state enjoying the service. and to migrate your old Airtel sim, these are what to do:
Recommended: Airtel smartCONNECT 5.0 Data Plans for 2019
Step 1: Get a 4G SIM card:
This is quite simple. All you need to do is simply visit an Airtel Store near you to get a new 4G SIM or Upgrade your SIM to 4G, and there is a bonus waiting for you.
To do this, simply dial *121# and select 4G services.
Step 2: Get a 4G enabled device
This is the most interesting part. Airtel 4G sim card can work on any phone, but if your device isn’t 4G enabled, you won’t enjoy the bonus. If your phone, MiFi or Dongle is not 4G enabled, please visit an Airtel Store or the nearest phone store to upgrade to a 4G smartphone, only then will you enjoy the benefits that come with 4G sim cards.
To check if your phone is 4G enabled;
Step 3: Be within Airtel 4G Coverage
How to upgrade your SIM card to an Airtel 4G LTE Enabled One
- Before upgrading your sim card to 4G, please make sure to backup your contacts somewhere else.
- Visit the Airtel service center closest to you.
- When you visit the nearest airtel shop, go meet the Customer Care person and request for a 4G SIM upgrade.
- When you request for an upgrade, you will be given a form to fill and your SIM card will be upgraded. Fill the form with your correct details, and your sim card will be upgraded to 4G.
You can also buy a new 4G SIM card if you don’t have a current Airtel sim card.
Benefits of Airtel 4G Sim
Once you’ve upgraded your sim card or buy a new Airtel 4G sim, you will be given FREE 4GB Data which can only be used on the 4G network and a 4G enabled smartphone, mifi, etc.
You will also be given 25% data bonus when you activate data plans from N500 and above for the next 3 months.
How to get Another 4GB free data on Airtel
After the first free 4GB that will be given to you, here is another method which you can use to get free 4GB data for N300.
- You need to visit any nearest Airtel store or buy a new 4G LTE SIM. Make sure when buying a sim card, it will be registered there with your details.
- Once the 4G sim is activated, recharge with N100 airtime to activate the new registered SIM and immediately, you will be given free 4GB data bonus.
- Dial *140# to check your data balance.
Airtel 4G Band Frequency
One reason why the Airtel 4G is far better than the Glo 4G in Nigeria is that GLO 4G was launched on band 28, which isn’t supported by most 4G enabled devices in Nigeria. Though some Infinix and Tecno phones that are recently launched to support the band 28 frequency.
However, competitors like MTN and 9Mobile launched their 4G service on Band 20 and 3, which are supported by most 4G enabled phones in Nigeria.
But the Airtel 4G was launched on Band 3, Frequency 1800MHz which is supported by almost all Tecno, Infinix, Gionee, itel, Nokia and Xiaomi 4G enabled phones which are sold in Nigeria.