Here is the best guide on how to check your BVN number anywhere and anytime using your MTN Nigeria, Glo, 9mobile, and Airtel number without connecting to the Internet.
BVN has been mandated for all Nigerian banks account owners, it’s now mandatory that all Nigerians operating an active account with any Commercial bank in Nigeria, must have a BVN.
What is BVN?
A BVN is known as Bank Verification Number, and it’s always an 11-digit number that identifies you. It’s your universal Bank ID you can use to operate bank accounts.
Although most people are confused, one (1) Nigerian is entitled to having just 1 BVN only which you can use to operate all your bank accounts.
A BVN is your security identification number that you need for banking transactions. Another unique feature about BVN is that no one can have the same BVN as you. Hence you are expected to keep it safe from the spying eyes of the public since a hacker can cause havoc if they come across your BVN.
Here are some questions asked by Nigerians which we think we should clarify, before showing you, how to check your BVN number.
If I have 3 Bank Accounts, do I need to register for 3 BVN?
The answer is no, as mentioned above, you only NEED one Bank Verification Number which is your unique bank ID. For instance, if you have a Bank Account with UBA, Access Bank and Skye, you can walk into any one of them to register for a BVN.
Let’s say you registered for a BVN in United Bank for Africa, there is no need to go to Access Bank and create another BVN, just go to the second Bank to link the BVN given to you at UBA to your Access account and other banks you’re operating with.
BVN Code Benefits.
- It protects your account from unauthorized access.
- You get to have easy and acceptable ID means across all Nigerian Banks.
- Having a BVN code helps in reducing the risk of identity theft and fraud cases.
- It provides you with a smooth credit system and banking operations.
How to Enroll For BVN in Nigerian Banks
- Go to any branch of a bank you have an active and functional account with.
- Go to the customer representative section and inform them that you want to enrol for BVN.
- Fill the form with your correct details.
- Present yourself for biometric data capture, a bank with functional systems will take less than 20 minutes to create your BVN personal code.
- Enrolment Ticket ID will be issued to you on the completion of the biometric capture.
- Most banks will send your BVN code to the phone number linked with your account number.
How to Check your BVN Number on your Phone.
Once your registration is successful, know that any request you want to make, you need to provide your BVN. To save you the stress of memorizing it, here’s how to check your BVN number with your phone number.
To check your Bank Verification Number (BVN) on your mobile phone, you need to dial this USSD *565*0# from the phone number linked to your bank account.
It’s important to clarify it here that if you dial the above code on other phone numbers that is not associated with your bank account, it won’t just work, it must be the number you registered with during your BVN creation.
Banks like GTBank makes it easier to check your BVN. GTBank customers simply need to dial *737*6*1# and their 11-digit Bank Verification Number will be shown on your screen.
Codes to check BVN Number for all Banks in Nigeria
Here are the best functional USSD codes that you can use to check the BVN number for all banks in Nigeria.
- To check your BVN on Diamond, Dial *565*0#
- To check your BVN on First Bank: Dial *565*0#
- To check your BVN on FCMB: Dial *565*0#
- To check your BVN on Stanbic IBTC: Dial *565*0#
- To check your BVN on Eco Bank: Dial *565*0#
- To check your BVN on Union Bank: Dial *565*0#
- To check your BVN on UBA: Dial *565*0#
- To check your BVN on Zenith Bank: Dial *565*0#
- To check your BVN on Access Bank: Dial *565*0#
- To check your BVN on GTBank, dial *737*6*1#
I hope that this makes it easier for you to quickly get your BVN number anywhere and anytime you need it. For those searching for how to check my bvn number, or how to get my bvn number, here are the best working methods to check BVN for all Nigerian commercial banks.