Davido and Wizkid are no doubt, among the best Nigerian Music product ever. Both Musicians are young, Handsome, have baby mamas, produce amazing music, and have the biggest fanbase in Nigeria, Africa, and the world.
However, their fans have always clash both online and offline, always comparing both superstars. While most are eager to know between the two, who is wealthier and richer. If you’re interested to know between Davido and Wizkid who is richer, then continue reading.
Between Wizkid and Davido, Who is Richer in Music and Wealth?
No doubt, the Nigerian Music and generally, the entertainment industry has grown enormously within the past few years, going global, with Nigerian musicians invited to Coachella. Music artists from Nigeria like Davido, Wizkid, Mr. Eazi, and Burna Boy have represented the country well in Coachella.
We all know Nigeria has some of the most loyal fans in the world, and we discovered that over the years, there has been some music competition between the two biggest stars in Nigerian music; Wizkid and Davido.
Interesting News For You.
- 5 Beautiful Women Wizkid Has Dated Till Date.
- Olufamous: OluFamous.com Reviews, Photos, and Videos.
- Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Born in Rich Families (photos).
The argument that who is richer between Wizkid and Davido is very similar to the Messi and Ronaldo who is a better footballer and legend. Davido and Wizkid fans often argue in various part of the country, about who is a better musician between Wizkid and Davido, who is richer, etc.
Here, I will be sharing with you, concrete evidence provided by Forbes, on who is richer.
Wizkid and Davido Net worth.
One of the biggest questions in the Nigerian music industry is this; Wizkid and Davido, who is richer?
Before sharing the networth of these talented musicians, I would love to share some of the biggest facts about Wizkid and Davido which influence their networth.
Facts About Davido.
• This musician’s real name is David Adeleke, but he goes by the stage name, Davido. Davido was born on 21st • November 1992 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA into Adeleke’s family.
• Truth is that Davido is from a wealthy family; his father is a successful businessman, while his late mother was a university lecturer. Although we should not forget to point out here that Wealth can NEVER make you popular in the Music industry. Raw talent will get you to the pinnacle occupied by the best.
• David Adeleke is a recording artist, performer, music producer, and singer. Like almost all Musicians, Davido didn’t start his career solo. He was in a group called KB international, which was in America, before deciding to go solo.
• He is the co-owner of the HKN music label and has signed successful artists to his music record over the years. He has produced songs for some renowned artists in Nigeria like Tiwa Savage, Skales, etc.
• However, the artist (Davido) decided to form an entire new label of his own called “Davido Music Worldwide (DMW)”. The singer then signed artists like Dremo and Maryorkun to his new label. His record label is associated with other world giant record labels like RCA and Sony.
Associating DMW with record labels like RCA and Sony is one of the biggest achievements of any record label.
• Davido’s debut album is called ”Omo Baba Olowo”, which has made millions of his fans always calling him “Omo Baba Olowo”. Some of his hit songs include
- “Back When”
- “Dami Duro”
- “Gbon Gbon”
- “One of a Kind”
- “Tchelete” ft Mafikizolo Etc.
• In 2016, Davido released an Extended play (EP) titled “Son of Mercy”, which was an instant hit, and to date, most of his fans want to be identified with this title.
• Davido has two kids (both are girls) from two different women, the name of his kids are;
- Imade Adeleke from Sophia Momodu,
- Hailey Adeleke from Amanda, who is based in Atlanta.
• Davido has won awards both locally and internationally.
Facts About Wizkid.
• Like Davido, this artist is one of the most popular artists in Africa.
• This musician’s real name is Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun but is popularly known by his stage name, Wizkid.
• Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun (Wizkid) was born on the 16th July 1990 in Surulere, Lagos State Nigeria. He began singing at the tender age of 11 years old in churches as a vocalist and chorister. However, he later began writing songs when he was still a very youngster.
• Wizkid was coached by Naeto C as an upcoming artist. This artist decided to form a gospel singing group called the ‘Glorious Five’. Wizkid later left the band he created to pursue a solo career. To date, we don’t know if the Glorious Five are still functional. But all fingers are pointing to the fact that the group died when the Wizkid left it.
• And like his fellow artist Davido, Wizkid has kids out of wedlock; his first son was born in October 2010.
• Wizkid is a master at producing hit songs. He was brought to limelight through this song “Holla at Your Boy”. However, he has gone ahead to produce hit songs like;
- “Tease Me/Bad Guys”
- “Don’t Dull”
- “Love My Baby”
• Wizkid later released a studio album which he titled ‘sounds from the Other Side’ in 2017. In Sound from the Other side, he featured prominent Nigerians and International artists.
• Wizkid formed his own record label, “Starboy Records”. He is also associated with other record labels like RCA and Disturbing London.
• Wizkid was introduced to international stardom when he collaborated with Drake on the worldwide hit, ‘One Dance’.
• Wizkid became the first Afrobeat artist to appear in the 2018 Guinness World’s Records for his contribution to the hit song.
• Academically, Wizkid dropped out of school to pursue his musical career. In 2009, he dropped out of Lagos State University (LASU) to pursue his music career. He later enrolled at Lead City University, which he dropped out after two (2) sessions.
• Wizkid is the first Nigerian artiste to have over one million followers on Twitter. He has also won lots of awards, both locally and internationally.
WHY Davido and Wizkid Quarrel.
The major reason why there is bad blood between these superstars came to public eyes in 2010. The two musicians had a public disagreement at a music festival in Dubai in 2010.
Wizkid and Davido, Who is Richer in 2019?
According to the ranking of the richest artists in Africa by Forbes in 2018, Wizkid has a net worth of 12 Million dollars.
Davido has a networth of $14 Million dollars. This brings us to the answer to the Question of Wizkid and Davido, who is richer.
From the data provided in 2018 by Forbes, Davido is richer than Wizkid with little above $2 Million dollars.
Leave a Comment